Africa Agri Tech is positioned as the annual meeting point where the Southern African agricultural community can gather to explore the technological and scientific advances that will assist agribusinesses to maximise their outputs and increase their profitability in the future.
Days until AAT 2022
15-17 March 2022
Pretoria, South Africa
2020 AAT: Overview
I think it is important that we have events such as AAT to showcase innovation and technology. It is also important for ag businesses such as ourselves to take innovation to farmers to ensure their sustainability which in turn will make us sustainable.
"What a pleasant and informative surprise the initial AAT Expo/Conference turned out to be! Incredible to see the development in agricultural technology, the level of discourse in the topical debates, and the general positive sentiment, despite the headwinds that we face. What a resilient and determined bunch of people in this sector!"
Dr John Purchase, CEO, Agricultural Business Chamber
AAT 2020: Conference Programme
A humanoid, Pepper, co-hosted the Tech day and Delegates enjoyed presentations from more than 20 speakers. This day was dedicated to exploring trends and the impact of science and technology going forward.
Three panel discussions saw robust debate on a range of topics impacting farmers. A recurring theme was the lack of land tenure inhibiting the development and growth for small and emerging farmers and socio-economic challenges.
The inaugural 2020 AAT event welcomed foreign delegates and representatives from
Argentina, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Madagascar, Netherlands, Senegal,
South Africa, Togo, Zambia and USA
Foreign trade representatives attended from
Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Kazakhstan,
Netherlands, South Africa, and USA
“Thank you very much for the invitation. It was a great event and we hope to participate next year as well.”
Viviana Serfontein - Embassy of the Argentine Republic in South Africa
"Well organized event,
with excellent speakers."
Mohammed Essay - U.S. Commercial Service
" Thanks for a great conference and for the opportunity to present. Well done to the team."
Peter Leppan – Director EMA: ProAgrica, United Kingdom
AAT 2020: Conference Downloads
Hosted by tech fundi and editor-in-chief of Stuff magazine, Toby Shapshak, Day Two focussed extensively on developments in science and technology of benefit to the agricultural industry. A discussion panel under the auspices of Farmers’ Weekly addressed the cost implications.
Highlighting Government Initiatives in Agriculture
|Event Date||15 - 17 March 2022|
|Bookings show floor||Opens||02-Aug-21|
|Nomination of Speakers||Opens||01-Sept-21|
|Trade visitor registration||Opens||17-Jan-22|
Three-day conference programme
- Split over three parallel tracks catering to the diverse South African agricultural sector
- Dedicated focus on science & technology
- Dedicated focus on sustainability & precision farming
- Dedicated focus on economic implications, both globally and locally
- Dedicated Africa focus
Daily fringe programme
- Show Me How featuring Start-Ups and App Alley
- Innovations from around Africa
- Global Innovations
- Women in Agriculture
- Career Opportunities
- Indoor Exhibits
- Outdoor Exhibits
Exhibition: Product Group Focus
- Plant & Crop Farms & Farmers
- Livestock Farms & Farmers
- Specialist Crop Farms & Farmers
- Industrial Crops Farms & Farmers
- Government Departments, SOE’s & Parastatals
- Specialist Industry Service Providers
- The Story of Food
- The Newsstand featuring media partners, agricultural publishers & publications
- Gallery of Industry Achievement Awards & Achievers
Key Focus Sectors
- Advisory Services, Market Access & Market Information
- Agri Products or Livestock Marketplaces
- AI, Blockchain, Internet of Things & Smart Devices
- App & Services for Livestock
- Cold Chain, Logistics & Supply Chain
- Crowdfunding & Crowdfarming
- Drones, Geolocation, GPS, Mapping & Satellites
- Farm Management
- Fertilisers, Irrigation & Agri Inputs
- Financial Services, Banks, Investors & Insurance for farmers, assets & livestock
- Forecasting & Monitoring
- Novel Farming, Hydroponics & Urban Farming
- Tractors, Equipment & Labour
- Waste Management
AAT 2020 acknowledges the support, trust and participation of our valued Sponsors | Associations | Media Partners | Speakers | Exhibitors | Delegates | Trade Visitors | Suppliers | The Venue | Team. AAT 2020 firmly laid the foundation for future discourse on the impact of trends, science and technology impacting on agriculture and food production.
Brought to you by