Your privacy is important to us, this policy informs you of what personal information we collect, and the way information collected will be used. This website is owned and maintained by Africa Agri Tech (Pty) Ltd with offices at the Grain Building, Agri-Hub Office Park, 477 Witherite Street, The Willows, Pretoria, 0084. Our contact number is +27 (0)11 465 0099.
Collection of Personal Data
Africa Agri Tech (Pty) Ltd collects and processed your personal data to provide you with access to our services, information and products and to help us improve our offerings to you as well as to support our contractual relationship with you as well as for the purposes outlined below. We collect personal data directly from you where you provide us with your personal details or purchase a service from us. Where possible and practicable, we will inform you of what data you are required to provide to us and what data is optional.
Africa Agri Tech may collect and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information you may provide for purpose of subscribing to the website or other information services
- information you may provide for the purpose of registering on this website
- information about your use of this website
- information you may provide by corresponding directly with us
- any other information you may elect to submit to us.
Use of Personal Data
The type of data that we collect is dependent on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect the data that we require for that purpose.
Examples of the data we collect from you are:
- e-mail Address
- Telephone / Mobile Number
- User generated content, posts and other you content you may submit directly to our website or social media channels.
With your consent, we may also supplement the data that you provide to us with data we receive from other companies or organisations in our industry in order to offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your interactions with Africa Agri Tech.
Collection of Non-Personal Data
This website may automatically collect non-Personal data about you such as the type of internet browser you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also aggregate details which you have submitted to the site (such as the services or information you are interested in). You cannot be identified from this non-Personal data and it is only used to assist us in providing a more effective service on this website. We may, from time to time, supply third parties with this non-Personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this website.
We use the term "cookies" to refer to cookies and other such similar technologies covered under the POPI Act in connection with this website.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small data file that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser to navigate a website and the cookie itself cannot collect any data stored on your computer or in your files. Where a server uses a web browser to read cookies, they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
How do I reject and delete cookies? We will not used cookies to collect personally identifiable data ab out you. However, should you choose to do so, you can choose to reject or block the cookies sent by websites of any third-party suppliers by changing your browser settings. Please note that most browsers automatically accept cookies, should you not wish cookies to be used you may need to actively block or delete the cookies.
How we use your data
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal data only for the purposes for which it was collected or
agreed with you, for example:
- Analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
- Collect data about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your Personal data to ensure that the site presents the best web experience for you
- Evaluate the use of the site, products and services
- For audit and record keeping purposes
- For market research purposes
- For monitoring and auditing site usage
- To help speed up your future activities and experience on the site. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your Personal data and will not request the same data a second time.
- In connection with legal proceedings
- Make the site easier to use and to better tailor the site and our products to your interests and needs
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
- Personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before and what site referred you to it
- Suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
- To assist with business development
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security purposes
- To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To respond to your queries or comments
- We will also use your Personal data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe, or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
- Where we collect Personal data for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we must keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect data from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete data from our servers, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove data from our backup systems.
- You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the data and means necessary to opt out.
Disclosure of Personal data
We may disclose your Personal Data to our business partners who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
We may share your Personal data with, and obtain data about you from:
- Third parties for the purposes listed above.
- Other companies in our industry when we believe it will enhance the services and products, we can offer to you, but only where you have not objected to such sharing.
- Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing data.
We may also disclose your data:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes.
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Access to your Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our home page and specify what data you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal data.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee, as laid down in our POPI Act Policy.
Correction of your Personal data
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal data. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to Personal data we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal data accurate and up to date by notifying us of any changes, we need to be aware of.
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal data’’ means data relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. The POPI Act, which has more specific examples if you need them, can be found at this website: www.gov.za
Changes to this Notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.